Re: Broken Head bolt

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Broken Head bolt
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:58:03 -0700
Victor,

>I removed the head on my 2000 to fix the head gasket and found the problem
>as I removed the valve cover. Somehow a headbolt had snapped! I'm going to
>easy-out it today. do you think I'll need to replace the whole set?

If you're replacing one, do them all. No telling if the others are ready to
snap! If your head is warped, there are mechanics who can un-warp it. I
think there's one guy on our list who repairs heads (hello, can you help
Victor out).

>I've got to get my roadster back! the summer is almost over and I'm missing
>it!

Uh, there's always next year.

>We have no road rage in Los Angeles. If you go too slow.....We shoot you! No
>reason to get upset. just 10 cents of lead, Big deal!

It hurts to laugh at that one! My general rule is not to flip anyone off,
no matter what happens. Nor to swear at them. It's an uncomfortable feeling
to see someone pull a gun from a glove compartment and point it at you
(happened to me twice). One was a drunk and it took me a while to talk him
out of using it. Sometimes I ride with off-duty police officers in their
private cars, and even though they have guns, they respond to jerks by
backing off. Keep cool, get out of the way, and stay alive! P.S. I like
driving fast but there's always someone who wants to go faster.

Fred - So.SF
SFBADROC