Re: driving with caution and politeness <g>

To: "Toby B" <toby@wolfenet.com>,
Subject: Re: driving with caution and politeness <g>
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 23:47:03 -0700
It's funny that you should mention motorcycles.  One of the reasons I have
not driven my 2000 roadster for 17 years is that in the year of 1983, april
fools day, I was hit head on while I was cruising on my 1976 gold wing.  No
I was not wearing a helmet.  Without going into great detail, I was messed
up, more psychologically than physically.  Even tho when I was struck by the
Volkswagen dune buggy, in addition to moving the vw bumper back to the
firewall, my head hit the windshield, and I suffer from neck pain almost
constantly, I had a broken right wrist, a broken left elbow, a broken left
leg, and a dislocated right toe.  My passenger was found 150 feet from the
site of the accident, with internal injuries, and two broken legs.  other
than that I was ok.  but mentally I was disabled for over ten years.  I
could not focus or concentrate on anything for a extended period of time.  I
have learned much about the laws in this country, and our social security
system.  I was denied benefits from SS, after three years of obtaining a
lawyer and having to sue them.  They do not just hand you a check because
you are disabled. Oh, The twice convicted drunk driver, that hit me was
drunk again, and was under age, and from out of State.  I could only collect
the limits of his insurance, $15,000. it took a lawyer to get it, and I
wound up with $11,000.  That does'nt go very far.  I have worked less than
three years total of those 17 years.  But I'm not complaining, because I see
the dawning of a new age.