Re: timing

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <glasgow@serv.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: timing
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:17:24 -0700
Whoops! I found out tonight that I had the direction right after all. The
lower tensioner only goes in one way! With my torque wrench (needle-pointer
variety), I can't be sure exactly but I set it between 5 and 7 ft/lbs for
those small bolts. I did the jackshaft bolt at 35 ft/lbs. Everything is
greased up with oil and assembly lube, and the timing cover goes on
tomorrow night. Hope I got it right! (Yes, I remembered the oil slinger on
the crank!)

Thanks, Fred