Re[2]: Ignition questions (Pertronix, timing, and vacuum adv

To: "Thomas Walter" <walter@omni.sps.mot.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re[2]: Ignition questions (Pertronix, timing, and vacuum adv
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:13:40 -0700
Kyle,

>From what I've read and have been told, the Pertronix gap is pre-set for
the Datsun roadster tolerance. I don't know about the discrepancy you
mention, but you shouldn't need to tinker with the gap.

I did find that the initial timing was off. Daniel Neumann ran into this
problem a few weeks ago and did a post (along with many other list
members). The solution was to yank the distributor and rotate it a bit
before dropping it back in.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC