Need Head

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Need Head
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:21:22 -0600
Hi,

Awhile back I posted a message, asking for input on how to determine if my
head gasket had gone bad.

I got alot of good replies, and after Joseph (moving from ABQ to somewhere
north & east) confirmed my suspicions, I decided to pull the head this
weekend.  Thanks to the Head Gasket FAQ on Tom's Tip Page, written by Alan
Carmichael & enhanced by Tom, I was able to pull the head without too much
trouble.

So, I took it to a machine shop this morning.  They told me it needed to be
scraped by .030 to get it flat, and that there isn't enough left to take off
.030.

Sounds like I need a new head?  Do our various suppliers have heads for
sale?  This is from a 67.5 1600.

Thanks...Robert Long - 67.5 headless 1600 - Albuquerque