Re:

To: robyballard@kih.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: MHarper486@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:30:48 EDT
In a message dated 99-08-15 11:26:34 EDT, robyballard@kih.net writes:

<<     I also need some help with a problem on my '66.  I have a hole in the
 exhaust manifold right where the tube steps down to go into the tailpipe.  I
 need to remove the manifold in order to determine the required repair.  Does
 anyone have any suggestions to removing this w/o pulling the engine?

Robey,
You have found the best resource in the world, this list.  But there are
others which I am sure others will tell you about.  Dropping the exhaust
manifold can be done with the engine in place, but the intake manifold &
carbs will have to come off first.  Not really a big deal.  Your stock
exhaust manifold is likely toast, and you will find it much cheaper to
replace it with a header than the stock part (at least that is what I found).
 If you decide to go that route, however, you must replace the long 1600
starter that you probably have, with the shorter/fatter 2000 starter, which
bolts up just fine.  Welcome to the list, and let us know how it goes!

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC