For Sale 68 1600 - Indiana

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: For Sale 68 1600 - Indiana
From: "Mike Goldman" <goldman@kiva.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:14:48 -0400
I have decided to sell my 68 1600 that I have been restoring for the past
three years.  Thanks to everyone on the list that have helped me with
problems & repairs.  Also, thank you to Ross @ Sports Imports & Dean @
Fairlady for parts & tech help.  But, I have lost interest and I am ready to
let someone else have it.

The car has been garaged for the past 20 years and it came from Alabama -
meaning that for a roadster in the mid-west it is about as rust free as your
going to find.  It has quarter size rust spots, running about 6 inches, on
the passenger side rear wheel well.  Otherwise no rust.  The body does have
it’s share of dings and minor dents, but nothing scary.  The chrome is
complete.  Tires like new. The interior is OK, meaning that it is complete
(except for the carpet) and the seats are not trashed (but they need to be
redone for show). The top is tattered around some of the edges, but I have a
new top in a box. The transmission is a 5 speed from a 2000 and the engine
#'s do not match. I had the car tuned at a MG restoration shop here in
Bloomington this spring, but when I drove it last week I noted that the
carbs need to be adjusted.  It does need a new alternator.  Also, it comes
with several boxes of spare parts including two sets of SU carbs (one 1600 &
one 2000), two distributors, 1600 manifold, 2000 manifold, 2000 radiator,
clutch, assorted gaskets, console and other stuff.  Below is a list of
repairs & parts I have purchased for the car.

New SU Carbs with non-smog needles - purchased 1999 from Ross @ Sports
Imports ($400)
New Manifold & linkage - purchased 1999 from Ross @ Sports Imports ($175)
New distributor (non-smog model) - purchased 1999 from Ross @ Sports Imports
($125)
New Fuel Pump - 1998
New front brake calipers, lines & pads - purchased 1998 from Ross @ Sports
Imports ($600+)
Head rebuilt at machine shop with new valves, springs, etc. - 1997 ($250)
Replaced throw-out bearing - 1997
Gas tanked cleaned & sealed, new metal fuels lines - 1997
Rear brakes all new - 1997
All hoses (fuel, radiator, etc.) replaced

I paid $1000 for the car 3 years ago and have spent close to $2500 on it.  I
would like to get close to $2000 for it, but I am a realist so I will
entertain any reasonable offer. If interested you can e-mail, call my house
(812-334-0258) or work (812-337-2128).  I am taking pictures today & should
have them ready to e-mail them to anyone that is interested within a couple
of days.

Mike Goldman
3309 Rolling Oak Dr.
Bloomington, IN 47401