Super Speedway

To: "Bluebirds" <bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>,
Subject: Super Speedway
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 09:45:49 -0500
Just picked up the DVD of the IMAX film Super Speedway. It's truly
incredible. Featuring Mario and Michael Andretti and narrated by Paul
Newman, it goes through the construction development of the Lola that
Michael drove for the Newman-Haas team. There's also a "Making of..."
that is (for me anyway) as interesting as the feature.

I think it's also available (like most of the IMAX films) on Laser Disc
and VHS for those that aren't gadget freaks like me. If you have a local
IMAX, check with them on scheduling. They often rotate the different
films on weekends and during holiday periods. We're lucky enough to have
an OmniMax (85 foot hemispherical screen) here in Fort Worth and the
"normal"  IMAX (85 foot flat screen) in Dallas. There's no way seeing
these films on a home system approaches the experience you get at one of
the theaters, although my 55 inch Mitsu may come close.<G>

BTW, the '73 should be back on the road next week. Bout time.

Later, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)