Re: Who is Randy?

To: Magic1910@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Who is Randy?
From: Davesmbox@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:57:45 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/99 12:12:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Magic1910@aol.com writes:

<<
 Sorry to be the only pessimistic, skeptical SOB on the List, but who is
 Randy?  I don't recall reading a post from him before his heartfelt plea.
 Further, if a guy's Roadster means so much to him, why bail out on it for
 $1,800 obo?  I would find another way.  Wouldn't you?  There are other,
 better ways to raise bucks in a pinch other than tossing your Roadster.
 Also, sending off your hard earned cash to a lyrically gifted list crasher
 just doesn't make sense to me.  That having been said I am fully prepared to
 receive the wrath of the entire List for all eternity or at least a few days.
 Greg >>

No plea was made to the list by Randy he simply offered a car for sale and
gave the reasons why he was selling it. I as a buyer would ask anyone why
they were selling it. It was the list that chose to help him out. Note
"CHOSE".
Divorce is an unbelievably draining event in ones life,the only winners are
the lawyers if his ex held his car hostage then he has no choice but to sell
or pony up the cash. Perhaps he should be thankful that its only a car being
held hostage and not his children in the form of denied visitation. Even in
the latter case in the good old USA the judge would tell him to "SHUT UP AND
PAY".
If for the cost of a case of beer I have been taken,then so what, but if for
the same cost I and others helped out a friend (albeit one we have never met)
in a time that well may be the darkest time in his life then I can very well
live with that.
My check has already been mailed.
Dave