re: Roadster fraud

To: Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Roadster fraud
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 20:37:40 -0700
On this subject of badmouthing people/businesses. It is interesting to
note that a similar thread has just popped up on the Z list. This
clarification by list honcho Carl beck lays out a very clear and well
defined policy that list has regarding "*vendor* bashing" The list
already had a policy prohibiting flames of individuals and the vendor
bashing thing was an extension of that policy.

At 11:51 AM -0500 8/3/99, Ralph Ezell wrote:
>Hi Andrew, All,
>
>   Get the 8mm silicon cover spiral core wires.  Get the coil if you need
>one but the stock Nissan unit is fine.  Skip the rest of that ignition stuff
>they sell.  I have the wires, a brass contact dissy cap, NGK multi electrode
>plugs and stock Nissan coil.  No need for anything more unless you have
>extensive race modification. This advice was passed on to me from a very
>reputable source who wishes to remain anonymous.  No bashing here, but if
>you want more info, contact off list and I'll fill you in.

Hi Ralph (everyone):

A point of clarification here - "Vendor Bashing" and thus our policy
against it on this list - is a case where one disgruntled customer bad
mouths a vendor - over some dispute or misunderstanding that's going on
between the two of them.    Where in, that disgruntled customer,  is fixed
on telling his personal side of the dispute ( a one sided story) - and
attempting to draw all of us subscribers into his side of the dispute,
thus forcing the Vendor to see things his way ....  or that disgruntled
customer is trying to destroy the reputation of a vendor in an effort to
"get even" for some personal wrong the disgruntled customer feels was done
to him...

If a "product" - does not live up to its claims.  If you have bought the
product and are not happy with it (not unhappy with the vendor personally
or the manufacturer in general)  - it is perfectly fine to present your
findings here.

If you can recommend getting the 8mm silicon spiral core wires - then it's
perfectly fine to say " I don't recommend the distributor, nor the MSD from
that vendor" - or "we tested that product on our car - and it made no
measurable difference".

I know it's a fine line - but "Vendor Bashing" is usually a very personal
attack - on a vendor for not treating a customer in a fashion the customer
expects....  it's a personal dispute between two people - - - and quite
frankly,  it provides no good useful information to the subscribers in
general.

Product information is usually useful and non personal - therefore its not
usually a case of Vendor Bashing...

FWIW,
Carl

Carl Beck, President