Re: gm self exciting alternator (its kinds long)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gm self exciting alternator (its kinds long)
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 99 10:49:05 CDT
Daniel,

Good point about need sturdy bolts to mount everything up. I forgot
to mention that.

I did spend quite a bit of time with a pile of washers, shimming the
backet on the front of the alternator, to get everything lined up
just right. Once you to that, it is a good idea to have a friend
braze the stack of washers... so when you swap out the alternator
it is easier to keep track of the correct "shim thickness".

[In reality I machined up a space on the metal lathe... most roadster
owners do not have metal lathes in their garage].

Thanks,

Tom