Re: SPL 310

To: duram@mossy.com
Subject: Re: SPL 310
From: Dan Zubkoff <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:57:01 PDT
~~~SNIP
>From the old messages in this group about serial numbers this serial
numberdoes not seem to match this year? SPL310-00006-D
Also from old messages and other info on the web I thought 65's were
supposed to have 2 seats? This one has 3.

~~~SNIP

AWESOME FIND!!!! This car is one of at least two 'mystery' SPL310's that
seemed to have been produced in 1965, possibly with left over parts from the
earlier 62-64 fairladys. Les Canaday of Classic Datsun Motorsports in Vista,
CA also owns a 3 seater 1965 SPL310 with a similar VIN# (I think it is
00002)

Some of the SPL310's VIN numbers were followed by a letter. For example, my
old 1963 had the letter B proceeding the VIN and my current 1965 2 seater is
followed by the letter D, as is your car.

Good luck with the restoration!!!!

Dan Zubkoff
1965 SPL310-10927D
San Mateo, CA