RE: shasta hotel phone #'s

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: shasta hotel phone #'s
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 99 12:35:08 CDT
Eric,

On the hotel's for Shasta, check the Mt.Shasta web address:

http://www.mtshasta.com

Click on the "lodging and dining guide".
http://www.mtshasta.com/guides/lodging.html

Thankfully I had downloaded the addresses and phone numbers
and was able to find a place LAST weekend. I was up at Mt.
Shasta with my Sons, Emerson and Liam, and a friend from
college days.

We were able to drive up to Panther Meadows, parking lot above
Bunny Flats. Still lots of snow up there. Only problem I had
was wearing regular glasses and no hat. Took about three hours
but could feel the onset of snow blindness. Boys did fine with
a black baseball caps pulled down to there eyes. So bring sunglasses!

It was a fun weekend... playing in the snow in the mornings, out
in the water at Lake Siskiyou in the afternoon. Castle Lake was
also fantastic.

Hope I can get a cheap flight out the the Meet. The boys will be
spending July with their Mom, so it will be a quick solo run for
me if I can make it.

Cheers,

Tom
Walter   '67 2000
Austin, TX '68 2000

P.S. Back from vacataion... ton of email to catch up on. ;-)
Oh, finally stopped i the Harbor Frieght Tool store in Austin.
Lots of cheap stuff, but that parts washer looked fine for $100. ;-)