Re: Trailer purchase

To: CalSpeed@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailer purchase
From: SGHT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 22:23:30 EDT
Michael,
I had a tandem trailer with electric brakes for two years and towed my
roadster from Rochester, NY to Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, Summit Point, Nelson
Ledges, Pocono, etc. and then it was stolen.
I now have two single axle, electric brake trailers that I haul the roadster
and the 280Z to the various tracks, and they work fine and are much lighter
and easier to tow.
I use 4.0 Jeep Cherokees to tow both and they work well.
Most important are brakes - I prefer electric as they are adjustable from the
driver's seat for rain or dry driving and you can back the trailer up hills
without the brakes coming on like surge brakes do.
I use a class III hitch with torsion bars and get very little sway. I cruise
the Interstates at 70-75 with no problems.
Good luck-
Sam Turner