Re: Trailer purchase

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <CalSpeed@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Trailer purchase
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:30:32 -0500
Mike-
    Your trailer options are going to depend on what you will be towing with
(your Pathfinder I assume?).  IMO your best option is a tandem car hauler.
These tend to be a little pricey though.  They do generally come with
electric brakes-actually usually one brake on one of the tandems.  The car
hauler is advantageous because of it's utility and ability to accomadate
many different autos.

    If budget is an issue (when isn't it huh?) you may opt for a utility
trailer (not quite as husky as the car haulers and generaly have 1' - 2'
sides around the front and sides).  I had this one previous to my roadster
purchase and it works great for hauling it.  It's 14 x 6 which allows the
roadster to fit neatly BUT does NOT allow me to open the doors very far-I
usually step over the door to get out.  Not a trailer you would want to haul
a full sized car on but works great for the roadster.  Living in the
midwest, quite possibly the "ulility trailer manufacturing capitol of the
world" :-),  it only set me back about $650 NEW about 4 years ago.  If at
all possible, go to the source of production.  I looked at an IDENTICAL
trailer at a big trailer and motorhome dealer that they were selling for
$1500.  There seems to be A LOT of markup!
Enjoy
Nathan