Re: Car too Hot

To: "Blackfly" <blackfly@ainop.com>,
Subject: Re: Car too Hot
From: "Robert Hewitson" <roberth@iaa.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:39:15 +1000
Steven,
 certainly sounds like fuel vapourisation - or possibly spark plugs oiling
up - I gather you were just idling along - my 67 2000 doesn't have a heat
defector plate and unless I give the engine a good rev every few minutes it
overfuels and the plugs oil (get too wet) and it runs like a hairy dog  -
did you try to start it with the throttle wide open? That normally works for
a flooded engine - lots of cool air. If it is vapour lock a bucket of cool
water over the fuel lines and fuel pump while cranking seems to help.

regds Rob Hewitson
1*67.5 2000
2*68 2000
1*mini cooper 's'