Car too Hot

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car too Hot
From: "Blackfly" <blackfly@ainop.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 22:29:57 -0400
I have not posted to the list for quite some time but I experienced a
problem over the weekend.
I have a 1967 SRL311 2000, 2l, Solex twin Mikuni set up. ser # 00239.

My daughter was Junior Miss Caribou and we were in a parade Sunday with the
Roadster.
The temp. was about 85 degrees F. About half way through the parade the car
started running very rough and then quit all together. It was like it was
running on one cylinder and loading up bad. it eventually stopped and we
had to pull to the side (how embarrassing). I kept trying to start the car
for about 1 hour. Finally, I turned the key one more time and it fired up
like there was never a problem and purred like a kitten all the way home
(40 miles). I had a similar problem a couple years ago in a parade as well.
I have been told the 2l does not like to idle for long periods of time
especially when it is hot out side. Is the problem simply overheating? I
know the manifold heat resistor plate below the carbs is in need of
replacement and I was thinking maybe the gas was starting to evaporate from
the high engine temp and lack of air supply. Any ideas or suggestions?
thanks
Steven Gagnon
Caribou, ME