Re: clutch slip

To: "denis jiron" <doj27288@csun.edu>,
Subject: Re: clutch slip
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 20:56:38 -0700
Denis,

When this happened to me I took the sage words of Gordon G. and Tom P. to
heart. They told me to check the simplest first. This is a rule that I have
always tried to follow but, at times, find myself chasing the worst case
scenario.

============
Gordon asked me...

How's the clutch adjustment?

Tom said....

Can't offer any advise other than Gordon's how's the adjustment and some
sympathy. Should have less than 1/8" (if I remember right) play at the
throwout arm and slave cylinder pushrod. Have to push arm away from the
spring to feel this. If you don't have any, that could be your trouble.

After adjusting the free play I had no more problems period! well except for
being fat, ugly, poor and stupid!

Victor Laury
70 2000
65 L-320 pickup