Re: clutch slip

To: doj27288@csun.edu
Subject: Re: clutch slip
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:27:50 EDT
In a message dated 06/16/1999 5:36:05 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
doj27288@csun.edu writes:

<< Hello all,

 I was wondering what can remedy my clutch slipping. It slips when I take
 off quickly from a stop of sometimes even going into second gear while
 accelerating quickly.

 Can I adjust the clutch somehow or do I have to put in a new clutch. I put
 a new clutch in about 2 years ago.

 Any suggestions would help.

 Thanks in advance,
 Denis Jiron
 '68 1600
 Northridge, CA

Denis,

You can try adjusting it first, it will depend on if it's worn too much or
not. There is an adjustable-length rod going from the slave cylinder to the
throwout arm, with a lock nut on it. As the clutch wears, you want to make
the arm shorter.  Check and see what the position of the clutch pedal is from
the floor when it engages, then adjust the rod so it's closer to the floor
when it engages.  How far is a matter of personal taste.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque