Re: clutch parts

To: Chris Lyon <chrisroxx@excelonline.com>
Subject: Re: clutch parts
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:21:13 -0400

Chris,

  You may want to consider moving the alternator to the passenger side of the
block to get it out of the heat of the expansion tank, radiator hose and exhaust
manifold.  And while you're at it up grade to a single wire alternator.  I'm not
sure about the 2000, but I just did my '69 1600.  I got a set of brackets from
an older 1600 (make sure you get alternator brackets, not smog pump brackets).
The installation is easy and the wiring is a snap.  I actually used a two wire
alternator from a '86 / '87 Camaro.  It has a 45 amp output but you can go
higher if you want.  It cost only $35 + core charge of $11.50.
  Now I don't have to worry about the voltage regulator acting up or the 30 year
old alternator breaking.  And best of all, I can see at night while idling!

  Good luck with the project and let us know how it turns out.

Paul
OROC
BTW, with the motor out don't miss the opportunity to clean the engine bay.  If
your head light harness was ever a problem this may be the perfect time to
replace it also.

Please respond to Chris Lyon <chrisroxx@excelonline.com>