Re: MAYDAY!! Thermostat Housing Needed!

To: DMPDJ@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MAYDAY!! Thermostat Housing Needed!
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:12:30 EDT
Hello all,

     Brings to mind a trick I've tried with good luck.  There is always space
between the stud and the thermostat housing and it seem impossible to keep
the water out of it. So of course after a few years the space fills up with
rust and the housing is almost impossible to remove. What I have done is
while doing the final assembly fill that space with axle grease. If the space
is full of grease the water can't get in so it doesn't have a chance to rust.
Some of my thermostat housings have been a real bear to remove, but only the
first time.
     Another trick is to take a very thin drill and drill out the rust
between the stud and the housing. By removing some of the rust you get some
wiggle room and space to put some penetrating oil.

                                             keith0alan