MAYDAY!! Thermostat Housing Needed!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: MAYDAY!! Thermostat Housing Needed!
From: DMPDJ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 12:44:03 EDT
I was minding my own business, just replacing hoses and decided to replace
the thermostat on my 67.5 1600.  Of course the stud snapped. In the long
process of removing the stud (vise grips to round the bolt, drill, easy-out
to break the stud, removal of other stud, removal of upper fan shroud, valve
cover and sundry other obstructions.........

To make a long story short, the stud was rusted to the inside of the water
jacket and I broke the thermostat housing trying to free it.  I need a new
housing badly,  This is the water column that sits above the thermostat.  It
is the 2 stud type, not 3 stud. I am trying to make the mid-Ohio meet.
Please help if you can.

Thanks!
Dave Ford