Rear windscreen?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear windscreen?
From: Ken Pearce <kpearce@madison.engr.ukans.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:06:27 -0500 (CDT)
A buddy of mine with a BMW Z3 roadster has one of those pop-up rear
windscreens that helps reduce wind turbulance in the cockpit.  Since I
plan on putting a few thousand miles on my 68-2000 this summer, I was
thinking that I might be able to make a similar device mounted just behind
my seats attaching to the rollbar.  Has anyone attempted this and does
anyone know what material the screen is made of and where to find some?

On another rollbar note, the bar I got from Rallye last week did fit well;
however, it did not match the factory mounting holes.  I had to drill the
front rollbar plates and my rear deck in order to attach it.  Still a
great bar, the install just took a little longer than expected.

Cheers!

Ken Pearce, 68-2000
Lawrence, KS