Re: 70- 2000 brake lights

To: <DAT240Z73@aol.com>, "Roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 70- 2000 brake lights
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 99 09:27:26 -0500
>I also  have a new harness in the box that came with the car
>would like to install it  but  i been told that i would have to pull the
>windshield out  to get to the screws in the front of the dash, is this
>TRUE,
>does anyone knows of an earlier  way. Please help I'm out of ideas and very
>frustrated. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. I'M NEW TO THE LIST AND THE ROADSTER.

I replaced the dash harness in my 70 1600 a few years ago and I didn't
pull the dash. I did, however remove the seats (4 bolts each under car)
so I could lie on my back comfortably (ha) .  Have a good work lite, and
wear safety glasses. Like your harness, mine was fried, and burned chunks
will rain down  as you remove the old wiring.  take notes or video of how
the old loom came out so you can match it going in with the new one.
You'll have to dissasemble a fair amount of the interior, heater ducting
center console, etc, but your windshield stays in.

Marc Tyler
1970 1600 #SPL311-3106
Boerne TX (Actually Sisterdale TX)