70- 2000 brake lights

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 70- 2000 brake lights
From: DAT240Z73@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 19:59:59 EDT
I bought a 2000 back in April  got it home 5/31-99  noticed the brake lights
wouldn't turn on, the s/brake like  light stays on all the time have to pull
the fuse out when I'm not driving the car to keep the BATT. from draining
today i looked under the dash and found some burn wires, clean the up and
still had no break light, so i ran a hot wire from the batt. to the switched
and  the break light came on and the horn worked. went to start the car and
the  line that i ran fried  the wire on the left side of the switch all the
way up to where in connect to the turn single  on the steering column,. I
clean the wire  and try to run new wire to  from the column to the switch
still no lights,  is there a way to bypass the lines  from the harness and
run new lines, I also  have a new harness in the box that came with the car
would like to install it  but  i been told that i would have to pull the
windshield out  to get to the screws in the front of the dash, is this TRUE,
does anyone knows of an earlier  way. Please help I'm out of ideas and very
frustrated. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. I'M NEW TO THE LIST AND THE ROADSTER.

Thanks Carl.