overheating problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: overheating problem
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 19:15:50 -0500
Hi everyone,

I'm back with the same problem.  My car seems to be overheating.  I tried
cleaning out the surge tank and found it had a thick layer of sediment on
the bottom.  Since then coolant has been going back into the radiator
from the surge tank once it's cooled down but I'm still overheating.
Almost everytime I park I find a small pool of coolant under the overflow
tube.

I figure either my car is loosing coolant out of the overflow constantly
while I'm driving which is causing my car to overheat or my radiator
isn't working properly and my coolant is boiling off.  I noticed that
when I took off the radiator cap while it was still fairly hot that there
were small bubbles coming up from the coolant.  I also felt the radiator
and the top and bottom were both hot while the center part with the fins
was a little warm but not nearly as hot as the top and bottom.

Any of this make sense?

Thanks,

Matt Peterson
'68 1600 (would love to be running cool again)
Zimmerman, Mn