Float Valve Lever

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Float Valve Lever
From: Richard James <richard@u.arizona.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:07:07 -0700
Hello,
  I own a 1970 1600, and I have a question regarding the float valve lever
in the float chamber of the carburetor.  My car was sort of sputtering when
I depress the gas pedal.  I adjusted the timing but didn't get rid of the
problem.  I then figured the problem must lie in the carburetors so I
disassembled the float chambers and happened to notice that the two float
levers are not the same.  Should they be the same?  If not can I assume
that one is broken and could this be the cause of the sputtering?  Thanks
for any information or advice.

Rich

Rich James
1970 SPL311