Re: Windshields

To: NATHAN J RUFFCORN <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Windshields
From: Dennis Currington <dc311@mail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 15:38:14 -0700
NATHAN J RUFFCORN wrote:

> Hey all-
>     Wanted to pick your brains on inexpensive solutions to glass for the
> roadster.  I have found the winshields at local glass suppliers but the cost
> is usually $400-$600.  Are there any better solutions out there that would
> include glass and shipping for less than the above price?
>     Three years ago when I lived in Pensacola FL, I was needing a windshield
> for the 70 1600.   I found a used windshield off a 2L in a salvage yard for
> $75!  In the midwest, for a salvage yard to have cars over 10 years old is a
> rarity, nevertheless a roadster!
>
> Thanks for the help!
> Nathan

Nissan still carries the windshields for our Roadsters. When we (CDM) get
inquires we just send the customer direct to Nissan since it would probably get
damaged in shipping anyway.  We have found that many get broken while on their
way to your Nissan dealer, so check the box before leaving the parts department.

72613-25900   windshield - high      $ 165.00
72613-10400   windshield - low        $ 190.00

Can't beat the price. (last time we ordered one)

Dennis
--
Dennis Currington
1966 Solex 2000