RE: Blasting Rims

To: "'Ehinger, Lee'" <76245.1056@CompuServe.COM>,
Subject: RE: Blasting Rims
From: "Lahtinen, Marko" <MARKOL@isr.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:05:13 +1000
What I meant by re-rolled is the straightening out of the rims.  The shop I
used here in Australia (called the Wheel Factory) checks whether the rims
are still perfectly round and straight and when they are not, they can
sometimes repair them.  They call it re-rolling but I do not know what the
process involves.  My guess is that they bolt the rim on an axle in a
machine which then bends out any kinks or buckles as the rim is turned
around.

I know that the tolerances for this work are fairly small because they
failed one of my rims (the original steel rims for the 1500) because it had
too large a buckle in it (what the PO did I do not know). Luckily I had
obtained a spare and still have 5 good rims.

I hope this helps

Marko
64 1500
canberra australia