Re: Plugging Smog Holes

To: bdias@pipeline.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plugging Smog Holes
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 99 12:44:04 CDT
>I've heard that some folks have been able to get tapered plugs, allowing
>the holes to be plugged to an even greater extent. Does anyone know where I
>might be able to get some?

Bob,

I have made up quite a few in the past. I need to make some more, but
will not be able to get to them until sometime in July.

The threaded hole is a 14mm x 1.5mm which is hard to find a plug for,
so I machine up some with that threading, and a nozzle to prevent the
"bird chirp" sound.

I'll post a note to the list when I get some more made up.  I still need
to get into the garage and make TWO of them for a fellow in Houston, but
really wont have the time to make the sets up until I get the time in
July.

Cheers,

Tom Walter