RE: Any ideas? Overheating 2000...

To: "'engelson@gte.net'" <engelson@gte.net>
Subject: RE: Any ideas? Overheating 2000...
From: "Engelson, John E" <John.Engelson@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:00:23 -0700
Rob,

I seem to remember that the Ford Pinto (I used to own one) had a metal spring
in the lower radiator hose that would prevent it from collapsing.  If the
spring rusts out or is missing then the hose would indeed collapse due to the
suction caused by the waterpump (when revving).

John E. Engelson
Marysville, WA
Still looking for a '67 1600