Re: Origin of the Name "Lotus"

To: rodbean@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Origin of the Name "Lotus"
From: Mike Causer <mikec@dial.drakken.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:44:15 +0100
rodbean@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Mike Causer wrote:

> > This is from a 4 part article entitled "The Lotus story", published in
> > the magazine Motor Racing from Nov 1954 to Feb 1955.

> Regarding that Motor Racing article, is there a scanned copy on a website
> anywhere?  That would make a nice addition to the collection even being
> pre-Elan.  I have (packed away) most of the year 1955 Autocar (to which I
> subscribed before I had a driver's license) and one of them has a nice article
> about driving a Mark IX up to northern England on the road.... great stuff.

I don't know of a scanned copy, but you can get a paper copy and a number
of other "chapman-era-esque" articles too in the book "Lotus Sports Racers",
published by Brooklands Books.

<Commercial Break>
This and many other books on Lotus are available from Collectors Carbooks,
http://www.collectors-carbooks.co.uk
Please tell them (Chris, the owner, in particular) that their name was brought
to your attention via the Internet.
</Commercial Break>

<The truth behind it>
It took over an hour on the phone last week to walk Chris through how to
answer his E-mail.   Luckily Jenny is back from holiday now, so you'll get
a prompt response.
</Truth>

Mike