camshafts

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: camshafts
From: Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 21:41:16 +0200 (MET DST)
We are thinking of rebuilding our twincam engine this winter and would
like to have some advice on camshafts.
The current camshaft(s) that are installed is TT36 , does any of you know
anything about the specification of those camshaft. We have heard that
they are made in the US, but have not had it confirmed.

When we are going to rebuild the engine, we are thinking of tuning the
engine a bit further. Mayby aiming at approx 150 bhp. But we are going
primarily to use the engine/car for fast road driving , and maybe some
hillclimbing . Therefore we would prefer not to loose to much power at low
rpm. What camshafts would you recomend?

Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>