Elan article

To: "aasignsltd" <aasignsltd@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Elan article
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 98 06:05:35 PST

     How nice to read all those testimonials from Elan owners in Classic
     and Sports Car magazine!  I have a new respect for long time Elan
     owner Peter Windsor aside from his excellent F1 coverage from the pits
     (FoxSports).

     The piece consisted basically of three short articles by well known
     Elan owners and ex-owners regarding the fanaticism many of us seem to
     have about the cars.  Even reading about the Elan's shortcomings was
     delightful.

     Despite driving and owning lots of cars, my Elans have consistently
     made me smile for years.  Just getting in and sitting there is enough
     to excite.  Sometimes, that's all I've been able to do with nothing
     running.  Thankfully, I have a working Elan (currently... ;-)   ).

     Starting that twin cam, with its unique sound, makes you anxious to
     put it in gear and *go someplace* ... any place.

     And putting it in gear.... that gearbox just has to be the best
     anywhere!

     Life is good.   Who was that who said that again?  I know it was
     somebody who just got back from a drive in his Elan.  :-)

     Rod

     Disclaimer:  Praising the Elan in no way demeans other Lotuses.