Re: Elan front springs

To: "aasignsltd" <aasignsltd@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Elan front springs
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 23:54:32 -0700
Howdy, chapman-era denizens.

I've received a request for stock front Elan spring length information,
from Andrew Denton, an Elan owner acquaintance of mine in NZ.

I have a pile of spare springs that I got with the '65 Elan I just purchased
recently, but of the items in the pile I don't know for sure which ones are
the stock springs (!) so:

Has anyone got a stock, front Elan spring at hand that is loose, so as to
be able to measure its free (open) length easily?  (Ken C, are yours
loose at the moment?)

Please respond both to chapman-era, and to Andrew Denton at:
aasignsltd@clear.net.nz     Thanks!

Andrew Denton wrote:
> I have a problem in that I am putting a set of Koni Classic frontshocks on
> the Elan and as I dont have the springs yet I was going to get a set made
> up.  The only problem is in the Owners Manual I have it gives two open
> lengths for the spring.

> Have you got a spare one that you can measure and give me this length
> please.

Regards to all,
Erik Berg