A/C - new Part Numbers

To: "TR8 List" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: A/C - new Part Numbers
From: "jay snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:20:52 -0400
I have just gotten the A/C on my 1980 TR8 fixed.  All the PN references I
had gotten seem to be invailid now.  I located both the compressor and dryer
at Pep Boys, of all places.  They are as follows:

Compressor - New Delco #2406N  - $279.99
                      Reman Delco #2233 - $158.99
    I bought the new one, and it was almost a perfect replacement with the
original.  The fasteners may have been different.

Dryer - Visteon #540027 - $32.99
    Again, a good fit.  It does have a built in switch that the original
does not have, but otherwise an exact replacement.

Jay Snavely
1974 TR6
1980 TR8

///