Re: Rover V8 Oil Pressure

To: James Nazarian Jr <james.nazarian@colorado.edu>
Subject: Re: Rover V8 Oil Pressure
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:56:28 -0500
James, I personally run a bit more pressure than stock, because I do use 6000+
revs.  The stock SD1 engine would be hard pressed to turn 6000, due to
restricted intake and a baby cam.  As a practical matter, the engine won't pull
much beyond the power peak which is around 5000 in stock form.  7700 is
possible in theory, but only with some serious bottom end work and a valve
train much modified.  The heads, which cannot be made to really breathe, might
make it impossible.  John