Re: Performance Questions

To: <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Performance Questions
From: Greg_Williams@cayennesoft.com (Greg Williams)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:08:08 -0400
     Oliver
        Instead of answering all of your questions one at a time, how about
     visiting some of these web pages:

     http://www.eracer.org/hangar_html/contact.htm
     http://www.raymog.demon.co.uk/index.htm
     http://www.rpi-engineering.co.uk/
     http://www.prisma-graphicdesign.com/CLhome/index.htm

     Greg

Subject: Performance Questions
Author:  "OP" <oliverp@gte.net> at inetmail
Date:    8/31/98 5:08 AM

Hi,
Just heard about this list today. I have had a 63 Buick Hi Output 215 for
about 10 years. I just haven't put it back together. I have a 64 TR4 I was
planning on putting it in, but decided not to ruin a nice car with a swap.
Now I'm getting into SCCA autocross and am looking around for a new engine
to put in a small chassis, I had decided to not use the buick because of
age and parts availability, also I'm missing the flywheel. I do have the
bell housing though. I wanted to go with a turbo 2.3 ford or turbo quad 4
or mazda turbo. I also considered the Meredes Benz SOHC V8. I'm looking for
about 300hp. as for the 215 I was considering resleeving the block,and
putting in heads and a crank from a 64 300. But in the meantime all these
really hot engines have come out and are readily available at junk yards,
while 215 are very hard to find. How is the 215 in racing, can the bottom
end take sustained revs? is it worth spending money on to bring to 300 cu,
or will it over stress the block. Any inputs or answers would be very much
appreciated. I am hoping someone will show me this engine is not an orphan

Oliver Praudisch