Buick 300 Valve sizes - from Wil Bridges

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buick 300 Valve sizes - from Wil Bridges
From: Greg_Williams@cayennesoft.com (Greg Williams)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:22:46 -0400
     Yo Dan....Paul
     Milling the 300 heads by .060 reduces the volume to about 43 cc.  My
     pistons, (Vegas-flat top) are about .085 below the deck and with a
     .040 head gasket the c/r ends up at about 9.25:1.  If doing this again
     I would use a piston that came even with the deck even if I had to use
     a piston that required machining 20-50 thou off the face to do so.
     Then the 54 cc head volume would not be a problem.

     Have a good one,

     Wil Bridges 77TR7-V8 Rover 4.3L Stroker 80K miles and still
     trucking.....also looking for a bigger block to do this again.

     BTW Dan, did you get your 3.08 r/e done......where's my cotton picking
     spacers......chuckle.......just kidding, I haven't needed them.