Re: [British-cars] TR4 mechanical tachometer stopped.

To: pethier@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [British-cars] TR4 mechanical tachometer stopped.
From: Mark Mason <mason@postdiluvian.org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:42:43 -0400
pethier@comcast.net wrote:

> On the test drive to prove to myself that I had repaired the
> ignition, TR44SUE had another surprise for me: The rev counter
> stopped counting revs.  No, I don't believe that this is related to
> my ignition work, as the tachometer is mechanical.

Never underestimate Lucas!  I have heard tales of acetylene headlamps
going out when the mechanical turn indicators are raised.

As my great grandfather's good, and frequent, drinking buddy, William
"Dud" Spagthorpe was fond of saying, "Sp-p-p-rrall grraaaaa zzzzzzzb
plissssP!", which are good words to consider when you're standing next
to a broken British car.