Re: [British-cars] TR4 mechanical tachometer stopped.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [British-cars] TR4 mechanical tachometer stopped.
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:50:48 -0400
At 05:21 PM 5/27/2008 +0000, pethier@comcast.net wrote:

>I assume I can disconnect the cable at the distributor end, start the
>car and determine if the distributor-driven connection is rotating.

>Any tricks to this?

Phil,

In stead of starting the engine, why not disconnect the coil lead so
the engine will NOT start.  Then either connect a remote starter
switch, press the button on top of the starter solenoid (if so equipted),
or have someone crank the engine for you, while you watch the
output connector for the tach, at the dist. turn.

This will be slower than if you get the engine running and by starting
and stopping the rotation, you may get a better idea of which way
the output connector is truning.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229