[British-cars] 1971 TR6 for sale

To: British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [British-cars] 1971 TR6 for sale
From: "Village Auto Body Shop, Inc" <villageauto@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:32:35 -0500
For Sale:

1971 TR6 - 34k miles - $17,000. Frame off restoration. 100% rust free
car. Car was in a wreck sometime in '74 or '75. It spent the next 29
years under a tarp in a warehouse. I bought it and did the restoration
to give the car to my wife. Turns out, she wants an MGB instead *sigh*.
(No, I don't want to take an MGB in trade)

Car has virtually new everything. Including HVDA Toyota 5 speed
conversion installed. Also I put 2 brand new SU carbs on instead of the
dreaded ZS carbs.

The only negatives to the car: The valve guides are worn and the rockers
are loud. I have a completely rebuilt head available to put on the car
(new valves, guides, springs, etc.) The only reason that it isn't on the
car is that Moss had the rocker assembly on indefinite back order and I
wanted to put the head on when the rockers were available.

The choke cable needs to be replaced, right now I have an MGA? Choke
cable in the car, but since I don't have the right one to put in, the
lower dash support (along with the stereo) isn't installed. New CD
player, amp and speakers included, but not installed.

Interior window crank handles need to be installed. A brand new set are
in the glove box.

Car has completely new interior, new Robbins cloth top, original bumpers
have been re-chromed rather than replaced with aftermarket. I could go
on for paragraphs listing everything that was replaced/upgraded on the car.

Car will include the original 4 speed and overdrive (both need to be
repaired). Also included is the original hard top. Hardtop is NOT
restored, it has had all trim removed in preparation for restoration,
but that is it.

You can see the restoration pictures at
http://home.nycap.rr.com/mware/triumph.htm

Car is located in Albany, NY