Re: wire wheels and knockoffs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wire wheels and knockoffs
From: Herald1200@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:03:23 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2005 11:11:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

>    What should have been a quick question turned into a  discussion with
> some friends.  When you put a knockoff back on  your wheels, should you
> tighten it on the ground or off the ground  ?

My Stag's owner's manual says to initially tighten off the ground and  check
that
there is no movement between the wheel and hub before lowering  the car and
finally tightening.

======
Possible further insight into this question may be found here:

_http://www.vtr.org/maintain/wire-wheels-tightening.html_
(http://www.vtr.org/maintain/wire-wheels-tightening.html)

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President and  10/Herald/Vitesse Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org)