Re: Midget Top Installation

To: <t.wellborn@mindspring.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Top Installation
From: "Neil" <neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:20:53 +0100
Vaious of the books have instructions, I've got Lindsay Porter's.

How easy it is depends on what fastenings are already on the fabric. Both
that I have done had the Tenex fasteners already on. You do need to start at
the back by trapping the fabric under the trim strip that runs across the
back.
Cleaning up the old header rail might be easier if you take it off the
frame. It might also be worth painting it if it is tatty (my original had
rust holes). Then clip the header down to the windscreen rail. Centering the
fabric at the front is to get the side flaps equal each side.
When sticking the front down with impact adhesive it is worth laying some
polythene sheet between the header rail and hood to stop them sticking until
you've got everything central and tight enough. Then slide the plastic out
to finalise the join. Then you can unpop the header rail, trim the fabric
and refit the sealing strip.

Neil