Re: [2] Molding Small Plastic Parts

To: jdagostino@attbi.com
Subject: Re: [2] Molding Small Plastic Parts
From: EDENMA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:15:34 EDT
John:

You sure can!  You can make either a two or three part RTV mold depending on
the size, shape, and complexity of the part you are attempting to duplicate.
Some parts cannot be done if they have compound curves or undercuts it just
depends on its size and shape.  Not being familiar with the lens piece in
question, its hard for me to say definitively, however.

As far as an instruction book, I have bookmarked the website
(http://home.sprynet.com/~gridge/) another lister mentioned but have not had
the chance to go back and look at it in detail.  It does appear that he was
using RTV molds from the picture.  As I mentioned to Roland, Micromark Tools
(www.micromark.com) does carry both the casting and mold making supplies as
well as several good instruction books.  I am sure there are other sources
for these items, these are just the guys I use.  Again NFI.

I hope this info helps.  Let me know how it works out and/or if I can be of
any further assistance.  (Pictures of the item in question would be helpful.)

Best Regards,

Mark