Re: Limited slop differentials

To: berry@kerch.com, neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: Re: Limited slop differentials
From: ARoman4047@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:33:15 EST
In a message dated 12/30/01 9:15:56 PM, berry@kerch.com writes:

<< neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk said:
> Sprite halfshafts are a bit weak anyway. And yes I broke one not long
> after fitting the new diff three years ago - but that is with a blown
> A-Series. At least I could still drive home on the other one! I now
> have some (hopefully) bullet-proof shafts.

A bit weak!  I broke three in my old Sprite in the seventies, and that was
with a stock engine and diff!  The sad part is with the stock diff you can't
limp home. >>

Didn't Peter Egan write a column on this years ago? Something along the
lines of what breaks on LBC's that other car owners never have problems
with...And yes, years ago, when Stucker's on Staten Island, I was there
frequently rummaging through the shafts for spares for my 1275 Bug-
eye...Still have the Bugeye...Frank's long gone...:-(

Tony in NJ
W.A.S.T.E.