Re: Limited slop differentials

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Limited slop differentials
From: "Neil Sherry" <neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:22:09 -0000
Sprite halfshafts are a bit weak anyway. And yes I broke one not long after
fitting the new diff three years ago - but that is with a blown A-Series. At
least I could still drive home on the other one! I now have some (hopefully)
bullet-proof shafts.
One of the nice things with the limited slip rear end is that when the back
end does slide it is ever so controllable - with an open diff I found that
if the car slid it would snap back into line when backing off whereas now
the slide is more progressive.

Neil