RE: Responses - Assembly Bill 834

To: "Toby Atwater" <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>,
Subject: RE: Responses - Assembly Bill 834
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:44:44 -0700
   Regarding all this black license plate stuff...Ok, I did my part and
sent an e-mail to the big black hole of govt., I bet no one even reads them...

   But in the real world, why do you guys care what color/type of license
plate the car has ?  I AM NOT BEING NASTY HERE, I am really wondering why
people have this fetish about I consider a silly little license plate.  My
53 Singer runs around with her original black plate but both my 34's have
new plates and it does not bother me in the least.  Given a choice I think
running with the UK plates only would be cool but I can understand there
might be problems with and multiply assigned licenses or a whole redesign
of the DMV.

   I had a talk with a guy when I purchased my last car (1934 Singer) and
he saw me throwing away the old plates that were on the car, he had a fit,
I said well the DMV would not let me register the car with them because it
had been too long, so they gave me new ones.  Its a plate, its a thing that
every car has to have, I have my UK plates on the front with no CA plates
and then I have the UK plates on the back with brand new CA plates...I wish
I didn't have to have them, but its a plate why worry what color it is ?

   AGAIN, I AM NOT BEING NASTY just wondering why we care so much about a
minor little thing.  To me the plate is something I ignore when admiring a
car because well every car has a plate.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/