Re: Le Mans

To: tjhiggin@mapapp1.iss.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Subject: Re: Le Mans
From: Berry Kercheval <berry@kerch.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:33:25 -0700
tjhiggin@mapapp1.iss.ingr.com said:
> You realize the Bentley cars used the same engine as the Audis?  So
> for all practical purposes it was another 1-2-3 for Audi.

Yes, I realize that.  The rest of the car was NOT an Audi, though; only the
engine and trans came from the corporate parent.  I still think it's pretty
neat.

> One of the most-discussed topics was the priciness of the items for
> sale in the Bentley pavilion.

If you go to the Team Bentley on-line store things are much cheaper.  If I
recall correctly the baseball caps are around 10 pounds instead of 22
and the ugly T-shirt is more like 12, instead of 19.
Polo shirt os 30 quid, not 44.  AT THE RACE is the worst place to buy gear,
from a cost perspective.

Ths site only works in recent IE on WIndows;
I've complained to the folks at Buckinghamgate who host the store and they are
trying to fix it, but will send a printed catalog to anyone who wants one.