Le Mans

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Le Mans
From: Berry Kercheval <berry@kerch.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:24:46 -0700
Well, I spent Father's day watching the Le Mans coverage on speedvision: the
new DirecTV dish was my present.

There were few Brits out there, just MG (!) and Bentley (!!!).  The MGs were
very fast but retired with mechanical and electric (!) problems.  One Bentley
retired with an electric fire, but the other was consistently quick and took
third place overall, pretty darn good considering that GTP cars have to use
tires a full two inches narrower than the winning Audi P900 cars.

I was sure proud to drive my '66 Bentley today...